Author Sherri Mills

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Whose Responsibility is it anyway

Yesterday was my day off so I stayed down, praying I would be over my flu bug in time for work today. I feel a lot better this morning.

I look back on the years before I went on strike and getting sick would have meant that I had no help, a messy house, and everyone waiting on pins and needles for me to get better so I could be the family slave once again.

Fast forward to today and my husband has become so used to taking his part of the responsibility that he automatically takes care of me when I am sick. He cleans the house, makes sure I am fed, and cleans up after every meal. (Just as I would do for him if he was sick.)

This week was another week of eye openers on the domestic front.

On Dr. Phil, the show for the day was about couples trying to save their marriages. He asked one wife was asked what her biggest complaint was. She said, "He doesn't do anything around the house."

When the husband was asked what his biggest complaint was, he said, "She is continually nagging me."

Now it seems like it would be easy to figure this one out, right?

The man could start doing his share and that would automatically cause her to stop nagging.

Marriage saved.

If it were as simple as that, I wouldn't have had to write my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment