Author Sherri Mills

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Life After Almost: The next best thing to a book deal: An Encouraging Rejection

I read in the Writer's Digest something about rejection letters. It says, "A personalized rejection is a letter written directly to you. If you receive one of these, it means your manuscript is head and shoulders above the majority of submissions an agent has read. Most agents add a personal and encouraging touch to no more than 5% of the queries they read. By itself, a personalized rejection is actually a good thing: It means you will likely become a published author. You have convinced a publishing professional to pay attention to you--and that should be a tremendously energizing event."

I have received five such letters, so what am I complaining about?


Instead of being depressed about my rejection I should have been energized.

No comments:

Post a Comment