Author Sherri Mills

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Excuse for Getting a Divorce

I was listening to Dr. Phil the other day. I usually agree with him and think he has helped multitudes of people. However this particular program sent me reeling.

Dr Phil was stating the fact that if a marriage is riddled with turmoil, it needs to end. His reasoning was; children are better off out of that situation. A situation where they hear their parents fighting all the time.

Does anyone think the fighting will end after the divorce. My research shows that not only does the fighting get worse, but now instead of fighting in front of the kids they are fighting because of the kids. The kids being in the middle, and obviously feeling more and more like it is their fault.

In my interviews with children of divorce there were numerous suicidal thoughts.

When I asked one child how he would feel if his parents got back together, he said, "It would be like being dead, in a coffin, and coming back to life again."

Let us fix our marriages, some how, some way. Go to counseling. Do whatever we have to do, for the sake of the children.

No comments:

Post a Comment