Author Sherri Mills

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Rejection Letter I Framed

I just received a long rejection letter from one of the top Literary agents in New York. Although it was sad to be rejected I actually framed the letter.

This is part of what Victoria Sanders wrote:

This is a terrific concept and a smart, savvy, and timely work that piqued my curiosity and interest from the very get-go.

The work that you have done is quite admirable and productive. I can fully understand the outpouring of support and interest you are receiving. This theme you so ably explore is a perennial one, but also one that is right up to the moment. Your voice is engaging and warm, and your anecdotes gripping.

There is no doubt that you have a solid and professionally rendered project here.

Despite my great interest, however, I fear that in this still down turned economy, publishers are looking for work from authors with proven and bestselling track records.

No comments:

Post a Comment