Author Sherri Mills

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Book Signing

A lady came over to me at the book signing and said she just wasn't happy in her marriage. Her husband didn't do anything bad he was just too boring and she couldn't stand it any more.

I asked her specific questions; Does he drink? Is he a slob? Is he abusive?

I think I was able to come up with quite a few real bad faults. I told her that if she traded her boring husband for another guy she just may end up with one who was guilty of many of these faults, one of them might be that he doesn't like her children.

I told her to take a 3x5 card and write all of her husband's good qualities on it. She must include everything, even something as simple as, does he brush his teeth . Keep the card where she could read it every day.

She seemed to agree and I saw a flicker of hope that she just might have a keeper after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment